Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for your baby, but its benefits extend well beyond basic nutrition. In addition to containing all the vitamins and nutrients your baby needs in the first six months of life, breast milk is full of substances that protect your baby from infections. Have a look at the wonderful benefits of breast milk below.
Breast milk is the ideal food for newborns and infants because it:
- Gives infants all the nutrients they need for healthy development.
- Contains antibodies that help protect infants from common childhood illnesses such as diarrhea and pneumonia
- Contains immune factors that protect your baby against infections and diseases
- Enhances brain and cognitive development
- Is nutritionally balanced, always fresh, easily digested within two to three hours and more readily absorbed
- Is the only PERFECT food, constantly changing to meet baby’s developing needs
- Promotes baby’s emotional well-being
- Has a temperature that is always correct and constant
- Is readily available and affordable, which helps to ensure that infants get adequate nutrition